Skip to main content
Avoiding the Afternoon Slump
Take a brisk walk.
Read an entertaining book or magazine.
Call a friend.
Listen to your favorite music.
To get out of the Afternoon Slump:
- Take five energizing deep breaths.
- Drink a glass of cold water or soothing herbal tea.
- Get up and take a walk around the office to get the blood flowing.
- If you’ve been staring at your computer for an extended period of time, look out the window or at another object for a few seconds.
- Eat a piece of fruit or some crunchy vegetables — nutritious snacks are part of a healthy diet.
- Do some basic stretching in your workspace.
- Close your eyes for a few minutes and imagine your ideal vacation.
- Change up your afternoon routine — make sure you have a mixture of active and inactive tasks to keep your brain and body working.
- Take time to do work tasks away from your desk, in a new setting.
Table of Contents: Wellness